Monday, February 18, 2013

Refusing the chair part II

Not to exciting, but we picked up one of the cheaper ($70) wheeled with a seat walkers from a hardware store last week.  Who would've thought you could pick up walking aids at a hardware store?!
I already have a walker I tried using in the house, but this one is smaller and I can keep it to ONLY use in the house or going to town for appointments, etc.
(my exact walker - store photo)
I used it all day Monday, Thursday, Friday and the weekend last week.  Well, mostly on the weekend.  I started using my chair more this weekend again and am today (Monday).  After sticking with my chair for so much, man does it make a body tired. lol  Oh well, it's all good - only one way to get stronger, and that's to use the muscles!  Darn, I'm tired today, though.  Of course that could be somewhat my nearly 5 mile ride last night too.  And I got nearly a mile of trot work in there too!!  So, using my legs more in general is a good thing.  Just have to be sure to find that fine line between doing just enough and not too much.  For instance; part of why I've stuck with the chair for today is it's laundry day and I'm not about to figure out how to carry a basket on my walker right now.  Also need to get going again on the dresser painting project  and that's up stairs where I'll be caning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment