Saturday, December 1, 2012

First burn

One of the perks to living in the country is that you can burn your own garbage and not have to have a garbage service expense... except in a drought year. 
My husband (whose credit I give to the pics he took this morning for me too) has been loading up either his car or the truck and running it to the dump all summer.  When it would rain it was mostly at night and not enough to not make us worry about the hay the burn barrel used to sit by, or the tree it sits under now.
Today, though it never rained, there was a heavy enough fog to make things look like it had rained - all day!  So we cleaned out a bunch of garbage and burned small amounts until about 9:30, and again after we got home from running errands.
Can you tell I sent my husband out with the camera and asked for some pictures of the fog and the fire? lol  I really should have looked at the earlier and taken the camera to town with us!  Live and learn I suppose. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment